What is Landlords' Legal Solutions?
Help your clients to protect the profit generated from letting out their residential property by offering them Landlords’ Legal Solutions, a legal expenses insurance policy that will pay their legal costs should they need to pursue or defend their legal rights. The policy is suitable for landlords who let property under Assured Shorthold Tenancy agreements.
Why do my clients need this cover?
Landlords’ Legal Solutions covers against a wide range of common legal disputes, including:
- pursuing claims against tenants or anyone else who has caused damage to the property or its contents
- repossession of a property
- recovery of unpaid rent due from the tenant
- defence of prosecutions
- landlord’s accommodation costs up to £75 per day whilst trying to gain repossession (up to a maximum of £2,250)
Additional benefits and services
- Legal advice: your clients will have access to a 24 hour, 365 day legal helpline
- Tax guidance: telephone advice service manned by tax experts 9-5 on weekdays
- Legal Services website: a free service that allows your client to build and download legal documents relating to property letting, including section 8 and 21 notices
- Online law guide
Your client can also enhance their cover with these optional extensions:
- Rent guarantee
- Contractual disputes
- Professional help throughout a formal aspect or full enquiry into their personal tax affairs
Get in touch
If you or your client would like to learn more about Landlords’ Legal Solutions, please get in touch with your local Business Development Executive.